Thursday, March 08, 2012

I WAS YOUNG - September 2009


I looked the age
I played the part
I did it well
Or so I thought
Then everything came crashing down
I realized I was young

I had a life
I called my own
I danced for nights
I knew my rights
Then life became a sudden frown
I realized I was young

For days and days I had it all
Everything was always just a call
I longed for pleasure, fame and style
I fought for more, all the while
Then the pain and tear drops stung
I realized I was young

I’d lived for years without a care
I’d given all I’d had, for all
I’d loved them well, with all my heart
And sure I was, I knew it all

My life was a melody to be sung
My youth like a harp to be strung
Then why did things come crashing down?
And why did life become a frown?
Why had the pain and tear drops stung?
Why was every emotion, out of me, wrung?
I realized I was young

2 comments:

Lanu said...

"For days and days I had it all"

i like the way you said that :)

apurbasayshi said...

you wrote in 2009 and i am reading it in 2013...the expressions are beautiful ..we all learn from experiences ..